Friday, January 06, 2006

The desk experiment... Part II


The Smooth Fitness 5.25 treadmill arrived today - great customer service. I ordered it from their website. The contacted me immediately via email to discuss shipping options. The treadmill arrived today, a week sooner than promised in the initial order. I like it when that happens.


Took me about 20-30 minutes to assemble in my office, and i've been playing around with rearranging my (stand-up) desk, monitor etc. to make it usable. I'm walking as I type this - not too bad - i thought it would take a long while to get used to, but its working pretty well.


To do's: (1) secure board where my keyboard and mouse are sitting - need to bungy-cord it so it won't slip off the treadmill grab bars. (2) find better place for phone - i use a wireless headset, so that's not an issue - but I still need to reach the phone to dial; (3) better access to my desk drawers; still need a staples and tape occaisionally...


all in all a good way to end the week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christiane said...

Please be careful, please. I would hate for you to experience something akin to the "Great Walkman - Treadmill Incident" of 1994. An event, from which, I have yet to recover. Might explain a lot, that.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home