Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Apple iPod Customer Support gets an "A"


After hauling my new iPod w/Video 60gb unit all over India in November and December, it failed on me. It was odd - the device got pretty warm, I could copy songs and files to and from the iPod, but it wouldn't play any music. Bummer. I went to the website and followed the diagnosis and return instructions, on a Saturday.

I was rewarded with an email saying a special box would be delivered in a few days.

On Monday, a bright yellow DHL truck showed up at my office with a shipping box, pre-addressed to Apple's repair facility. So Tuesday, I called DHL for a pickup, and off my iPod went. On Wednesday I received an email indicating that the iPod had been received at the repair facility. I checked the website daily for status. Thursday it moved into "Diagnosis" status, where it remained over the weekend. Monday, it moved to "Return Pending," and it showed up today.

I received a new (or refurbished) iPod. Which is great since I had scuffed the old one pretty badly by dumping it in my photo bag during our trip. So now I'll try to keep it nice with a case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home